Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Hong Kong Tatler



"If we stacked up the 400 issues of Hong Kong Tatler, it would reach the midway point of IFC One,"
says editor-in-chief of Edipresse Hong Kong, Sean Fitzpatrick

http://www.asiatatler.com/hk/main.php





'Have just dug gold and discovered Tatler has roots in Hong Kong
(actually I must have noticed it in the newspaper stands when I was younger)
Beginning in 1977 it sought to
portray and document the hub of sophistication and high class culture that
is quite elusive in the 'cultural desert' of 852.



Wiki-ed Tatler and found out the current Tatler boasts to be the predecessor of the original publications
by Richard Steele in the early 18th Century (co-founder of The Spectator)
understand my shock that this glossy, aristocratic glamour mag dates back this old!



The REASON why I'm ranting on about HK Tatler is 'cause I saw this editorial
which instantly made the mag a must-buy when I revisit my hood



trying to recall where this collection could've been shot
cause those stone stacks for dams or something looks awfully familiar!

according to sources this is located in Sai Kung
images via http://community.livejournal.com/foto_decadent/


I too, wanna be a rich girl , na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na

No comments: